Happy 4th of July!!!
The main office will close at 2:00pm today and be closed tomorrow in observance of the holiday. We will reopen at 8:00am on Friday the 5th. For any emergencies please call the after-hours number at: 866-370-2977
Please remember that fireworks of any kind are not allowed.
- Fire Safety Reminders: With the hot weather here now and although we have had significant rains, we ask that residents be careful when grilling. Please remember that grills must be away from the buildings. Do not place them near shrubbery, bushes or trees. Whether using gas or charcoal, do not leave them unattended. Also, we do not allow for the storage of additional propane cylinders. All cylinders must be attached to a grill.
- Settlement Building Work Meeting: We will be holding an information session next Thursday, the 11th at 6:30pm in the party room of the main office building at 3360 Gunston Road. The Associations contracted engineering firm, SRG and the general contractor, Avon will be on hand to provide details to the owners and residents of buildings 845 and 929 and surrounding buildings of the upcoming planned settlement work. This work will begin in August after the completion of the current job at building 112 on Valley Drive.
- Mosquitos: Several reminders here. Parkfairfax does not treat for mosquitos. Please check for any standing waters in pots, children’s toys or other containers. If you do have an issue, we can suggest using “Mosquito Barrier”, available online or Scentsational Garlic at Lowes. Both are garlic-based oils which not only keeps them away but takes care of any larva as well.
- Barkan Update: Issues regarding direct debiting and online payments. For any all inquiries please reach out to: Mark Miller, General Manager: email@example.com or Dana Cross, Covenants Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Landscape Upgrades: Both PKFX and CLS are continuing with the list of areas that need attention. Currently wall and path work is underway adjacent to building 937 on MT Eagle and path restoration began yesterday in the rear of 934 on Valley Drive. There are several more areas that will be addressed in the coming weeks and this work will continue into the fall season. Affect buildings will be notified prior to work beginning. CLS will also be performing turf restoration in areas where new storm drains have recently been installed. PKFX will provided timed sprinklers to these areas.
- Summer Work Cycle: Notices to all affected buildings have been delivered.
- E&G has begun the PEX waterline replacements scheduled for July. Affected buildings were notified.
- Palmer Brothers is continuing with the annual painting cycle. They are currently on Fitzgerald Lane.
- Dynasty Community Service has begun the upper trim and gable replacements in the 300’s
- Envirotex has completed the crawlspace remediation in the 300’s and will begin the next phase for July. Affected buildings were notified.
- Almo will begin the next cycle of scheduled stoop replacements. Once completed CLS will come in and restore the landscaping. Affected units were notified.
- Grass Cutting Cycle: With the hot weather now upon us, CLS will add time between cuttings as needed. Cutting services include edging, sidewalk weeds and bed maintenance, all of which are continuous throughout out the cutting season.
- Shrub and Bush Pruning: CLS performed pruning in several areas this week and continues today. If you have any issues with shrubs blocking egress to entryways or walkways, please enter a task into Buildium or contact the office 703.998.6315. Remember any shrubs in a “yellow” staked area will not be touched. If you can’t not prune, trim or maintain your shrubs please enter a request in Buildum.
- Sound Walls Update: Management met with the land appraiser for TransUrban this week as they begin the survey of Section F2 (rear of buildings 315 to 303 on Martha Custis). At present we have no start date, but based on conversations with VDot, it will likely begin in the fall. TransUrban and VDot are continuing with the wall section F1, the ramp onto 395. The Traffic and Land Use Committee chair and management have been in direct contact with all parties regarding the traffic issues leaving Parkfairfax and entering the circle.
Please remember to alert us to any issues you may see or are concerned about.bookmark me